The other day we were outside and Dallin found a small and a large praying mantis on our patio. They were about five feet apart. So Dallin said to me "Mom let's put the baby praying mantis by the mommy!" He actually wanted ME to pick it up but I didn't really want to touch the thing. Dallin carefully picked up the little one and set it right in front of the "Mommy". The larger one attacked the "baby" and started eating it! Dallin was so upset and wanted me to save the smaller one! I told him we couldn't do that, and now we know they aren't friends or family. He decided that was best and said, "Next time we'll just leave them separated." It was so sad .
3 comments:
That is so sad! I really didn't know they did that! McKinley was rearranging some the other day (have you noticed that we have a serious amount of them lately? I had never seen them here before this year). Poor Dallin, learning the reality of life at only 4 years old. Poor kid!
yikes....
Poor kid. He's probably traumatized! Elli would be. She freaks when she sees any dead bug or anything!
Post a Comment