Thursday, December 4, 2008

No More Monkeys Jumpin' on the Bed!

London is officially our accident prone child( From the stories I've heard she gets that from her dad). Thanksgiving evening she was playing on the bed and fell on the bedpost right on her front teeth. I didn't see it but when I was trying to console her and couldn't figure out what was hurting so bad, I noticed her teeth were bent back into her mouth! It was horrible. There wasn't really any blood but it was so sad. I stressed about it so much over the weekend, but everyone I asked about it said you really can't do anything about it you just have to wait and see what happens. The next day she was so swollen and her gums were black and blue. One of the teeth has kind of moved back into where it was but the other one is still back a little. We went into the dentist to get it checked out and he said we will have to wait and see if the nerves reattach, or if the tooth will die. If it dies, they will pull it! Then she will have no tooth until her permanent one comes in! That sounds so awful. That's like 6 years until her permanent ones come in! So I will be praying so hard that my little baby girl doesn't lose her front teeth at age one. We are suppose to be careful to not bump her teeth and possibly not have her suck her thumb(ya right). I am thinking that she needs like a full on face mask and helmet... do they make those kinds of things for kids? Every time I leave her alone for a second she gets hurt climbing or jumping off something.

3 comments:

Matt and Mandy said...

Poor little London! We'll be praying for her, too! She'll be cute as a button no matter what, but that's a long time to go without front teeth!

Kim said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sad. That makes me just hurt thinking about it. Lexi fell when she was 1 and it jammed her tooth up in her gums like that. And killed the roots. The dentist just left it in it is just gray. But we felt a gray tooth was better than no tooth for 5 years. We just have to keep an eye on it.

The Sorensens said...

That's so crazy! Did her teeth stay in? Poor little girl!