Monday, October 6, 2008

Betty Crocker

Okay not really but I'm learning. I remember my mom making bread every week for our family when I was growing up, before she started working. It was so yummy and something I took for granted. So, since she has been staying with us for awhile, I am taking advantage of her talents and learning to make bread as well as...
Can peaches! It was fun to spend this time with her and to learn this. I don't know if I could do it on my own, it's hard work.:) But I am grateful for her teaching me.

6 comments:

Matt and Mandy said...

Wow, good for you! I have been meaning to learn as well, you may have to pass on the tradition and teach your poor incompetant neighbor :)

Heather S. said...

Way to go, Alecia! I too took homemade bread for granted. The powdered milk we had I never appreciated either. But for good reason. Bleck.

Tara said...

Good job Alecia! Your parents look great I haven't seen them for years.

Kim said...

That is awesome! Canning does get easier the more you do it. It is a great skill to have.

Stacy and Mike said...

Nice job! Love canning peaches...lol :)

Stacy said...

Samples?