Beware... this is disgusting. As I am debating putting this on the blog I am getting emotional about it. Here goes... So, we bought a house the middle of May and about a week after we closed, we found the basement flooded, luckily we hadn't moved in yet. As Ryan started to pull up the carpet to get it to dry and pull off the wood paneling, this is what we found....

This is sheetrock and the black stuff is mold... rotted 2x4s, had to be completely gutted.

This is the main reason I haven't blogged for the past 6 months. This house consumed our life. We debated walking away from it because it really wasn't livable. We had many sleepless nights and fought legal battles about who was to blame, everyone obviously blamed someone else. In the end, we had to just buck up and fix the problem and move on. We are trying to move on. We ended up remodeling a lot more than we planned and now have a safe home to live in. Trials are a way to grow and be stronger right? Life never goes how you plan but things will work out.

Sigh of relief, don't want to relive this.
Pictures of the better stuff coming soon.
We have before and afters of the main floor remodeling.
4 comments:
I am so sorry! That is the worst! I'm glad that you were able to remodel and make it work for you.
I can't believe that. Sorry you had to go through that ordeal. I bet it looks great now though. I think about you often. Hope you are good. Sara
What a nightmare. I can't wait to see pictures of the whole house.
So glad things are finally all finished up!
Post a Comment